I/We/Data Controller refers to Jen Cunningham Jewellery, owned by Jen Cunningham. You/Data Subject/client/customer refers to any users of this site.
What I collect
In order for me to fulfil any order you place you give me details such as your email address, postal address, name and contact telephone number. You may also chose to give me more details such as information relating to a custom order, commission or bespoke piece.
You may also choose to give me your name and email address when signing up to my newsletter, this is used only for my newsletter and related marketing. I never sell on my lists of contacts.
Why I need your information and how I use it
I have a number of different basis for collecting information from you.
- In order to provide a full and efficient service to you as needed, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Sharing your details.
I only share your details for limited reasons and in limited circumstances, for example:
- Service providers, I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as website services, newsletter subscription services, delivery companies, card processing companies, web hosting, website design. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with UK laws and tax purposes. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Jen Cunningham, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at Jen@jencunningham.co.uk. Alternately, you may mail me at:
The Creative Showroom
336 Leith Walk